Here are a few tips as we dash into the last few days before the holiday to help us be that little bit calmer and centered.
1. Spend time with loved ones. Whether you’re with family or friends, cherish the time you have together.
2. Give back. Volunteer your time or donate to a cause you care about. It’s a great way to spread holiday cheer.
3. Connect with nature. Take a walk in the park or simply spend time outside. Enjoy the fresh air and beauty of the season.
4. Make meaningful memories. Whether it’s decorating gingerbread houses or watching your favorite holiday movie, make memories that are fun to look back on!
5. Take time for yourself. Relax and recharge so you can enjoy the holiday season to the fullest.
Now what for some is the biggest stressor over Christmas…those gifts…who gets what.. what amount should I spend…how much is too little and what’s too much…
Try these tips for starters.
Try not to stress over buying elaborate gifts if that’s not your style or budget.
Maybe the best gift you can give to family, loved ones and friends at Christmas is the gift of time. Spending quality time with your loved ones is the best way to show them how much you care. Showing your appreciation for them and creating memories together is the most meaningful way to show your love and gratitude.
This can be done through activities like baking cookies together, going for a walk, or playing a game. Additionally, you can give the gift of memories and experiences by taking your family and friends on a special outing. Whether it’s a day trip to a local museum or a weekend getaway somewhere new, just taking time out of a busy schedule to be together and do things as a group can be a nuturing, healing and enriching experience.
Another tip is to try to give something that is meaningful and thoughtful – that won’t end up in the Charity shop. Something that has a personal touch, such as a handmade gift, a personalized card, or a thoughtful photo album are all great options. If you’re looking for something more traditional, a gift card or charity donation in the recipient’s name can be a meaningful gesture as well. No matter what you choose, make sure it comes from the heart – that’s what matters the most!
Spread the holiday good energy on Christmas day and every day!