“The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live!” Elbert Hubbard
Another Valentines day and you’re alone. No problem. Try these 10 tips to hopefully lift your spirits and get you back into the driver’s seat of your life!
1. Know that you are good enough, whether you have a partner or not
2. Do something special for yourself today. Not something you do everyday but something different and new.Treat yourself! buy that lush desserts that you’ve been denying yourself; spend time at the park or another favourite place just doing nothing and relaxing, read a favourite book without worrying about what yiu should be doing, things like that
3. Get some paper and write down 5 or more Talents things that make you unique and special. Value yourself , you’re one of a kind
4. Do the mirror exercise …look in the mirror and see your beauty …you can say – I love you or even I like you – or you are the best _______(whatever) that I know
5. Is there are some place that you’ve always wanted to go? It doesn’t have to be somewhere exotic …it could be going to a museum, the theatre etc… don’t wait until someone can go with you … go by yourself and enjoy the experience.
6. Take the Valentines focus off of yourself. Reach out to someone just to say hello or congratulate them on some achievement and so on. The whole point is to spread some love energy.
7. Cast your mind to a year ahead and envision how you’d like your life to be. Then start making a plan from today on how you going to get there.
8. Listen to uplifting music and dance or exercise. Just move around to get those good energy endorphins going.
9. Make a gratitude list. What do you have to be grateful for today! There’s always something to be grateful for, to be thankful for. Your alive for starters , you have a home, food and so on. Nothing is too small to put on your list.
10. Get out of the house and get some fresh air. Don’t just stay at home alone, if you’re feeling lonely where your thoughts can spiral and make you feel worse. Change your scenery distract your thoughts get busy doing something that takes up your attention fully. Your life can be different if that’s what you want , but there is nothing wrong with being content where you are.
Try some of these tips and see if they can be helpful. Feel free to adjust them, and put your own spin on them. It’s all good.
All is well ..
All will be well